31 March 2008

Peanut Butter and Jelly Ink

I finished knitting my Declan Capelet, but it didn't turn out how I wanted it too. I think I'll rip it out and knit this capelet instead. I may wait to rip it out until Wednesday's Knitting Circle, as requested by Andrea, but it has already been decided. (I'm the Decider! Ha ha).

knit. knit. knit.

This alpaca is so quick to knit up, that the process is enjoyable. I don't mind attempting something and failing, as long as I can acheive an end product that I will love. After all, it is (repeat with me), "
prize winning showfleece!" Please note, I will limit myself to repeating that phrase to ten more times.

Don't you like how I am knitting with alpaca, while wearing a knitted wool sweater, and sitting under a woven alpaca blanket direct from Peru? (Thanks again, Aunt Sissy, you world traveller!) Is that a fiber overload or what? Good thing it is balanced out with our ratty free couches comprised of 1970s plastic fibers...

I've been working on the
Lace Ribbon Scarf with my Colinette Jitterbug. Not to sound so forlorn about my knitting, but I'm not sure if this yarn is working with the pattern. Perhaps it's destined to become a pair of socks afterall.

Lace Ribbon Scarf

Since my knitting has been going south, the universe has balanced out by providing some gocco luck this weekend. Don't let this peanut butter and jelly looking ink fool you, it turned out quite pretty. (The brown was to warm that cool purple shade up).

Peanut Butter and Jelly

I'll show you what I can very soon. Here's a sneak peek, since I like you all so much.

Stationery

6 comments:

kat | Taylor Made designs said...

well, I'm with you. If you don't like something and can make it into something else, I say go for it.

And, mmmm, what could those beautiful gocco prints with your names on it could be... mmmm I wonder ;)

Lisa said...

Hmmm...not hating the Jitterbug, but I think there are better things for that skein, and better yarns to knit that pattern in.

Declan should definately be something that you are uber happy with. ...my two cents :)

Andrea said...

If you want to rip it, go ahead. It issssssss you decision. =) By the way, I can't make it this week to knitting circle. I have dress fitting. I miss you guys though.

sulu-design said...

I'll admit it: knitting stresses me out so much that when I start reading about mistakes in knitting on others' blogs, I have to skim to find where the discussion ends. Seriously. It makes me ridiculously tense. I have issues.
Anyhow, I loved getting to the part about your gocco prints. The colors are fabulous and the design is so cool. Anxiously awaiting more information on them...

Nic said...

The jitterbug definitely doesn't work with that pattern, who knew!!

I love the stationery! I especially love how your name is in your handwriting and it contrasts with the type lettering of Drew. You are just so fabulous with your ideas :D

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

I like that Gocco design! I just got one about a month ago and really love seeing what people come up with.