18 May 2007

Completed. Finished. Done!

In January, this sweater was just a figment of my imagination.

IMG_3021

Approximately 600 bobbles later, not anymore! Um...That's not an exaggeration either.

IMG_3641

The pattern was Tyrolean, by Sarah Dallas from Rowan's Vintage Knits.

IMG_3618

Knitting this was certainly a labor of love. I knit both fronts and both sleeves at the same time, and highly recommend doing that. Not only since it makes the pieces identical, but because I hate backtracking.

IMG_3625

I still have the embroidery to finish, but I consider this sweater completed. I'm proud that I finished it and did the proper thing by re-doing the back when it wasn't the right size.

And thanks to the recent cold spell, I didn't even need to wait until September to wear it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is the best sweater ever! I love it.

EmilyG said...

Woo hoo! Gorgeous! Congrats!

sulu-design said...

Bobble love! Congratulations on finishing it, and good for you for reworking it until it was right.

Aimee said...

holy cow! you finished it! so proud of you.