13 July 2008

Completed: Landscape Scarf

The Landscape Scarf is completed. What an adorable and fun project. The larger shawl isn't particularly my style, but this small triangular version would be perfect for anyone.

To re-cap, I started with three Koigu mill ends, which was equal to about 1-1/2 skeins.

Landscape Scarf to be?

I used a
Russian join to join the yarn together from the different skeins. I recommend using this type of join, especially if the yarn is slippery and will not felt together easily, such as silk or super wash wools. It creates a seamless thread of yarn, and eliminates the need to weave in lots of ends. I wanted to switch pretty often, and this join worked perfectly.

The only change I made in the pattern was to add a picot to every row, instead of every other row.

Landscape Scarf

I gave it a little bath, and blocked it out slightly to shape the top edge better.

Soak

I then took gratuitous shots of my new scarf next to cupcakes with matching sprinkles. This was a complete coincidence though, the cupcakes were because Mike's nephew was visiting.

Landscape Scarf

My scarf's maiden voyage was at the
Bastille Day Festival at the Eastern State Penitentiary. I put it on briefly to show the girls and pose for a group photo with Madame de Farge.

Landscape Scarf

A quick note on my awkward pose; my hand is stuck in the air because it's covered in Tastykake frosting from the "let them eat cake" festivities. Yes, those are Tastykakes being shoveled off of the roof and pummeling the crowd. Glorious.

Let them eat cake!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the picots on every row. i think the next time i make it, i might try it out. and only 1 1/2 skeins? i wouldn't think it. it looks awesome, and yay for tastykakes!

kat | Taylor Made designs said...

I'm not a big knitter, but I know one when I see one :) And look at you! I"m quite impressed with all your knitting and beautiful yarn :)

sulu-design said...

So you know that I never read knitting posts in their entirety, no matter who the author. Skim and look at the pretty pictures, that's what I do. But then there were cupcakes. With sprinkles. And I figured they were connected to the knitting. So I went back and read the post. See what you made me do?

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

it's beautiful + the tossing of the tastycakes, that looks like so much fun.

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous! I love how the picot bobbles look as though they have all come out in different solid colours. Gotta love the koigu...

Andrea said...

Nice job. It turned out beautiful. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my mill ends. I love tastykakes.

Vanessa said...

Gorgeous scarf and delicious cupcakes. That looks like such a fun festival!