25 September 2007

Elisa's Nest Tote

Ah, progress! I finished the second of two market bags I started in July.

IMG_4907

This is my variation of Elisa's Nest Tote, a free pattern from the Purl Bee. I knit the bag the same, but crocheted the top and handles instead of doing a knitted i-cord. I attempted to do the i-cord, but gave up in favor of crochet. Perhaps the next one will adhere exactly to the pattern.

Here is my finished bag.

IMG_4900

These bags stretch tremendously. I recommend making the length of the bag on the shorter side.

IMG_4904

I also recommend putting some honeycrisp apples into your bag, and then taking them home and eating them!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your bags are super – you did such a great job :)

My mum use to have a lot of these bags that she used for grocery shopping when we were little. I wish I had some myself!

Lisa said...

Love the bottom shot! I might have to knit one of these up for miss muffy for Christmas.

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

Bare with this lengthy comment- I hate walking around with a shopping cart + generally leave mine somewhere in the store+ come back to throw everything I have in my arms into it. On Sunday I found that my cart was gone + my canvas bags with it. I walked around, rudely looking in other people's carts to see if someone thought it was theirs + walked off with it + my bags- NOPE. I feel sort of ridiculous that I was so upset that I lost my bags, they can be replaced, but I was also forced to use plastic bags when I checked out *GASP* Point being, I need to learn how to knit these bags your keep featuring.

DawnK said...

Ditto on the honeycrisp apples! We went out to the apple orchard twice, in the fall, and they only had honeycrisp apples the first time! Bummer. Love the bag, too.

Melinda said...

Thanks for the advice about the length of the bag! I am about to cast on my own...