03 February 2009

Retirement: Lace Ribbon Scarfs

Third time is a charm with this pattern. I enjoyed it all three times, and recommend it to anyone, but I am done! I'm sending this to Mike's mom tomorrow morning.


The color is more true here than in the finished result.

Silk Manos

Here's a detail of the stitches.

Lace Ribbon Scarf 3

And this baby got much bigger after some wool wash and gentle blocking. The perfect size for a lovely lady. I couldn't ask for a better family to become a part of someday.

IMG_9021

I think that this finished project deserves a sweet treat. Don't you think?

French Toast.  Sabrina's.

P.S. That is half of my caramelized french toast with bananas, cream cheese and vanillabean syrup from Sabrina's. Half.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT is my kind of french toast! the lace ribbon scarf is a good pattern. memorizable and not too much fuss. it looked good each time you did it.

Lisa said...

Maybe I should bring my lace ribbon scarf to circle tomorrow night and get my tail going on it again!

Jamie Welsh Watson said...

Wow, that scarf is really fine looking! Very chic. AND YUM on the breakfast. I love reading when women treat themselves. It makes me happy.

Nadia said...

There's a really nice movement in the stitches of the pattern.

sulu-design said...

Okay, cutest post about to-be in-laws ever. Is the French toast always served in cake-like slices? Makes me like it even more...

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

Man, I've got to learn more + move beyond K2, P2

Robin said...

Half? My god it's huge! Glad to see you are moving on to other projects. I still can't get over that you've now knit THREE of these scarves!

christa Baca said...

Thanks so much! And I love EVERYTHING on here! So skillful!!!