08 December 2007

Tweedy Tam

I had a ball of Rowan Felted Tweed leftover from my Tyrolean sweater, since I decided not to do the embroidery. It was just the perfect amount for a new hat.

Rowan Felted Tweed Pickle

I found a free pattern on Ravelry, called Tweedy Tam by Lydia McNeil. It is such a quick, easy and adorable pattern, I highly recommend it. This tam was finished in under a week.

Tweedy Tam

I wove a doubled strand of thin black elastic on the inside edge. It makes the hat stay on perfectly, and is comfortable even if I put all my hair into the hat.

Tweedy Tam

I decreased the top a
bit earlier th an the pattern called for, since I don't like when hats look like teats. (Sorry, I'm from South Florida, we're boob obsessed).

Tweedy Tam Top

If I were to do it over, I would make it larger. That's not necessarily the patterns fault, though. I don't think I increased enough stitches, and didn't pay attention to the gauge. Please note, the pattern is written well, any mistakes are my fault!

Rowan Felted Tweed Teal

I'm already thinking of making another one with my felted tweed yarn in blue...

4 comments:

Lisa said...

SWEET! That took you no time at all and looks adorable :) Is the blue one for me?

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! I wish I knew how to read the pattern (actually, my knit group is going to meet in Jan for a spinning demo, I'll ask someone). My boyfriend does not wear scarves, but said that if I started making hats he would wear them.

sulu-design said...

Oooh! If it really is easy, I might just try this one after the holidays have passed. It is so stinkin' cute on you. I love the swirly pattern on top. And that color is yummy.

Laura said...

Perfect! Don't you love quick projects that also use up leftovers? I have a few berets/tams on my list to make. You have inspired me to get a move on!