08 December 2007

Completed Cinnabar Drops Jacket

All of this Malabrigo yarn has finally been cast-on, stitched, seamed and blocked.

Malabrigo Yarn: Merino Worsted

To create this pretty little jacket below.

Drops Jacket 103-1

Sidenote: Why am I imitating a crustacean with my "crab claw" pose? I have no idea, but wanted to put this picture in so my mom can get a quick look at the paintings Mike is working on. Check out that cute girl on the painting on the left! (wink)

Although people are calling this the "Bandwagon Jacket", I don't really care if everyone is making it. The reason everyone is making it is because it's an adorable free pattern with wonderful results. Plus, it's nearly instant knitting gratification.

I already wrote up the technical information on my Ravelry page. Look there or feel free to email me with any questions. I'm happy to push this pattern on more people.

9 comments:

Nic said...

that sweater jacket looks awesome! Not really my own style, but looks great on you and I am amazed at the knitting expertise :) I have yet to make a completed sweater (although I have a couple of sweater backs lying around!)

Lisa said...

FABU...really adorable and I am really glad someone can wear that color. I love it and look like crap in it :(

Anonymous said...

wow. I am so impressed. It's beautiful and it looks great on you. {which is the most important!}

I am still such a novice when it comes to knitting. I really am impressed with people who can knit so well.

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

AH! AH! AH! AH! AH! AH! AH! AH!

Vanessa said...

Gorgeous job. I really like the color- I couldn't wear it, but it looks fabulous on you! I plan to make one in black (snore).

EmilyG said...

Beautiful! Love Mike's paintings, too!

Vanessa said...

Looks so great! :) Yours definitely came out much better than mine (I'm coming to terms that mine is too big for me...oops). But this glimse of yours is making me want to make another!

sulu-design said...

Hot damn. This is awesome. The color, the shape, the detail. Awesome.

Windansea said...

beatiful - and don't you love the malabrigo? I am in love with that color. Lydia