09 November 2007

Illustration Friday: Hats

Illustration Friday is my new favorite thing. There are such talented people on the IF Flickr pool, it is quite inspiring.

Illustration Friday: Hats

I love hats, I've always enjoyed wearing them. Some think they don't look good in hats, but I think it's just a matter of confidence. "Fake it until you make it" is my motto for hat-wearing.

I didn't have too much time, so picked five hats I thought would be fun to draw. The first is a red waterpolo goalie cap, which was my 'uniform' when I used to play, along with 2 square feet of spandex. That's probably the least flattering cap anyone could wear.

The other four obviously show my subconcious desires to wear outrageous headresses, vintage hats and be royalty, save the brown cloche. That's just cute.

Oh, and speaking of cute, I made a third pair of
Saartje's Bootees for a woman at work. She pleaded and begged, and paid for the yarn. It was a treat to work with Koigu Kersti and that adorable pattern again, even at the laundromat.

Finished Booties

Enjoy your weekend, everyone! I'm ditching Mike to go on a roadtrip with gal pals which I'll tell you about next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those booties are so freaking cute!
Have a great weekend with the girls. I'm sure you will have an awesome time.

Anonymous said...

oooh those are some fancy hats. I am one of those people who look ridiculous in hats, but it's cause my head is sooo small. I can wear child's sunglasses and hats due to having such a pinhead.
but i own the disco old lady hat, so i think i have confidence when iw ear it.