30 October 2007

Completed: Saartje's Bootees

As promised, here are two pairs of Saartje's Bootees.

After further thinking, I don't want everyone having 11 babies. (Perhaps one or two is more reasonable.) There's enough already, and Angelina can't adopt all of them. So I will show you the finished booties, if you refrain from the overpowering maternal instinct.

The newborn size for Baby Sonny. They're not perfect, but Brooke is not picky.

Completed Booties

A slightly larger size for Baby A. Karabella scrap yarn from a hat I made for Mike's best friend.

Booties for Baby Ellis!

I went to buy buttons, blanked out and bought half the amount needed. I stitched the interior strap to the bootee, and only did one button per bootee.

Thanks for playing along with me and my baby mania. I'm just so excited for my friends, and can't wait to become an aunt to Sonny. I also have melodramatic tendencies, I've been told, on the off-chance you hadn't noticed.

6 comments:

Knit - R - Done said...

You're an amazing friend, Mariss. Every baby should be welcomed to the world with the warmth of a handmade gift. Have a pat on the back from me!

Andrea said...

They look great. I remember when I made my first pair. Very quick to knit up. Love them.

sulu-design said...

I was just telling my boss today that I'm not sure that I ever want to have kids... and then I saw these booties. So. Stinkin'. Cute.
11? No way? But one... just one for the sake of seeing these ridiculously adorable booties on real footsies? Maybe.

Michelle said...

so cute!

Nic said...

Hey Marissa! I got the booties, thank you so much! But yeah, We will NOT be having 11 babies in THIS lifetime :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for great informations It's a wonderful