05 November 2009

Illustration Friday: Skinny

People either love them or hate them, but I really like the matchstick jean styles that have been popular in the past couple of years. With a pair of ballet flats, you can't help but feel sassy like Ms. Hepburn, or feel like doing an impromptu grande jete in the corridor at work.

Illustration Friday: Skinny

The shoulder pads trend however, needs to stay six feet under. I already look like a linebacker as it is (in a good way, thanks to waterpolo and diving), and do not need any extra in that area.

8 comments:

Kate said...

i desperately love my new skinny jeans. they are perfect for this time of year with layers of socks and boots, too! (you know, 'cause i'm always cold).

(mine are madewell...not too $$, either!)

sulu-design said...

I love skinny jeans - especially when they'll fit over my not-so-skinny calves. With my calves and your shoulders, we could kick some a**. Trying to keep this a family-friendly blog...

Wendy said...

I love the look of the skinny jean - I just wish I could wear them!

Anna said...

Yes, but... skinny legs are really required to make them look good :(

ambika said...

I am so with you on this. I thought I'd never wear tapered jeans again but they're so perfect under tunics and dresses.

Shoulder pads, however, are a *no go*.

Jamie Welsh Watson said...

Oh my gosh you are so cool, you did waterpolo and diving!? I want to know more. And see pictures! Pictures of you diving. How cool would that be to see?

Mindy said...

I couldn't wear skinny jeans in my pre-pregnant body. Now that I'm almost 7 months pregnant, I can only dream of the day when skinny is back in my vocabulary. :-)

shannon said...

if shoulder pads came back that would be SO WEIRD!!

okay..... i am pretty darn skinny.... 5'10 and 140 pounds...... and i look pretty curvy/FAT? in skinny jeans.

i cant find a way to make them look good!

i feel like i'm wearing saran-wrap! :)