17 December 2009

$76 Champagne Punch

The past few years, my friends Rich and Alice brought a delicious champagne punch to my birthday party. It was lemony, electric blue, and made everyone's teeth and tongue match the punch. Potent is an understatement.

This year, I told them to not worry about the punch. After all, they have a new baby and deserve a break. Their little guy is awesome, he ended up at the party and being one of the last people there!

Chapmagne Punch

Since it was time for a new punch, I found a new one from Gourmet Magazine's July 1992 issue on Epicurious. It's refreshing and lighter than the bright blue one. At first, we weren't sure if we liked it. However, the first batch was quickly gone and I had several requests to refill it.

I will warn you, unless you have a stocked bar, this punch is rather expensive. I'm not a huge drinker, so I didn't pay attention to the multiple liquors needed for the recipe. I figured it was an opportunity to add to our tiny bar, and forced myself to get over the price. There's also something in just letting go so that you can get everything done in time and not have to look up a new recipe! Plus, it got rave reviews on Epicurious.com.

The punch is made with champagne, Chambord, Triple Sec, Brandy, pineapple juice and ginger ale. Make sure to follow the directions on the above link and prep the first step of the ingredients the night before your event. This would be perfect for a holiday party or a New Year's Eve bash.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds yummy! I am rather fond though of the electric blue potable!

sulu-design said...

I always love your illustrated recipe cards, but the drips on this one make it one of my favorites. It's already a well-loved card. Though at the price of the ingredients, it may not get loved all that frequently.

Mad Girl said...

I think I'm going to try this for my NYE party...this is nothing like the cheap stuff we used to make in college.

kat @ Taylor Made designs said...

that is one yummy, albeit expensive sounding punch :) Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

oooh punch! Nothing makes a party like punch, especially blue!

Mad Girl said...

So I did try this for NYE and it went over really well. Thanks for posting this and assuring that I had a rocking New Years.