23 June 2009

Asian Rotisserie Chicken Salad

Each summer, I find myself standing in front of my refrigerator (not with the door open for too long though!) at a loss of what to cook. Not to mention, that I just spent all this money at the grocery store, and feel like I don't have actual meals to make. We don't have an outdoor space, so grilling isn't really an option. (Insert dramatic and pathetic sigh).

Last week, we planned out some meals to make, and shopped for the ingredients. I've decided to find interesting summery recipes so that I don't have to think of anything. After all, I just follow the directions, I'm no expert! It also goes along with my Make, Bake or Buy project. I cannot stop drawing my food. It is way too much fun.

21. Asian Rotisserie Chicken Salad

So for Week one, we made Martha Stewart's Asian Rotisserie Chicken Salad. It was so refreshing, that I'm getting a bit more excited to cook this summer. What meals do you guys make when you're uninspired in the kitchen?

6 comments:

Anna said...

I love that you've drawn your food! What an awesome book a collection like that would make. I've just made a huge bowl of a green bean salad that lasts for a few days and is really refreshing. I'll take a photo and post the recipe on my blog. Your chicken salad sounds great - I'm going to try it, thanks!

Karen said...

Any Mollie Katzen book, especially the Moosewood Cookbook, Enchanted Broccoli Forest and Vegetable Heaven. She draws her food too :)

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I've been lazy + making bread (in my bread maker- super lazy!) + hummus. Ever since I found a good hummus recipe I'm making huge amounts of it + wondering WHY I ever bought small tubs for $4.00.

Unknown said...

You are so cute and creative! When I am unispired in the kitchen, I make spahgetti...several times a week - and I do not draw it - that would be a disaster! Love you!

Lisa said...

want to come draw my food....maybe that will inspire me?

sulu-design said...

Sheesh - that's one adorable recipe card, and one good looking recipe. I usually shy away from Chicken Salad as I always assume it involves mayo (I can't stand the stuff). This non-mayo recipe looks awesome. I'm totally trying it, as I'm in need of some kitchen inspiration recently.
You know what's been making the rounds in my kitchen this summer. I did try two new recipes this week (to be blogged about soon) that were a nice change from the usual.
I'm trying to work more fish into our diet. See if you can whip up a cute illustrated recipe card on something involving salmon, okay? ;)