31 October 2008

Halloween Superseded in Philly

Happy Halloween and all that. Philadelphia is a sea of red...and beer and yelling and excitement, thanks to the Phillies winning the World Series! I'm not a huge baseball fan by any means, but it's great to celebrate with everyone in your city. You can't help but be proud and enjoy usually reticent strangers high fiving each other and hugging.

Cell phone photo on Wednesday night at City Hall.













I did all the Halloween stuff early. We toasted pumpkin seeds. I bought candy for the kids, and have been good about not eating it all.

Pumpkin Seeds

We carved 2 sides of 1 pumpkin so that Mike and I each had a say. Mike's side below...

Mike's Jack-o-Lantern

And mine sporting a huge handlebar mustache and brows.

Marissa's Jack-o-Lantern

You can't really leave pumpkins out in my neighborhood for long. Ours lasted an impressive 18 hours before getting smashed, and I still owe Mike a dollar on that bet. It's all in good fun though. I was definitely involved in some shaving cream fights and innocent mayhem with the neighborhood kids in my time. (wink)

Alright kids, I have a parade to see on my lunch break. Happy Halloween everyone!

4 comments:

sulu-design said...

I'm not a big sports fan, either, but I do love to see how people celebrate big wins (and participate in the celebrating myself... why not?). When I was in college, and studying abroad in Italy, the Yankees won the World Series. Barry was in the Bronx, and called me to tell me that his neighbors were out in the street shooting guns in the air in celebration. Ah... New York. How I miss thee.

Robin said...

Love the pumpkin!

Surprised I didn't see you today at the parade . . . . Yeah right! I could barely see in front of me!

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

Well...the Dodgers came closer that they have in many many moons, but congratulations to your Phillies.

I hope to do some celebrating Tuesday night!!!!!!!!

kat \ Taylor Made designs said...

your pumpkin rocked :)
congrats to your phillies!