11 September 2007

Eight Random Things

I didn't mean to have such a long blogging absence. I've been busy and decided to enjoy the last bit of summer. I also had to let Mike use the computer at night to work on teaching assignments, which is a worthy cause if you ask me!

Pens...

In the meantime, I'm co-hosting a bridal shower for a friend this weekend. (More excuses for my absence!). Below are a preview of the invites. Let me tell you, they are tres cute.

Bridal Shower Invites

I've also been knitting and crocheting a bit, but will show you that later too. I'll do the infamous Eight Random Things instead...

1. My Lolo Basa (Grandfather) was the first registered architect in Davao City, Philippines. He also raised 9 children by himself, after my Lola and Tita (Aunt) Alice died in a tragic plane crash. I didn't get to see him very often, but I always loved him so much. I've heard I get my artistic talents and love of reading from him. (sweet)

2. I was a springboard and platform diver from the age of 8 until 18. I can even do handstands on the platform!

3. I went skydiving once, but only because my mom wasn't home when I called to ask. It was very spur of the moment, and was unbelievably fun. Once is enough though, don't want to tempt the fates. Until I'm 78 -- when all bets are off!

4. I am glad I was dorky in middle school. If I didn't go through that rite of passage, I wouldn't be who I am now. Which is that person who talks to people in line at the grocery store. It makes life more fun, and the stories more interesting.

5. I used to pull up my dress as a little girl to play with my bellybutton. I did this at a school play, when I was the innkeeper's wife, and at my aunt's wedding when I was the flower girl. I was 3 though, and got over that stage!

6. I scar very easily. I get keloids, where your body doesn't know when to stop making scar tissue. It's more common in people who have more melanin in their skin. But I'm lucky, and don't have a scar from my old eyebrow ring (ha ha) or earrings. In a way, it's like I'm genetically superior, like Wolverine...

7. In 5th grade, a flasher was following around my friends and me at a public library. It was really creepy, but we reported it to the police and the guy was eventually arrested due to our report. We were really proud, after getting over having to say the word penis to the officer.

8. I am very fussy about socks. I used to change pairs of socks up to 3 times when I was a kid until they felt okay, and my Velcro shoes were comfortable. I also used to roll down my knee high socks when we went to the ballet. I still can't wear uncomfortable socks now. (Keep in mind, I wore only flip flops until I was about 18!)

Sorry about all of the run-on sentences and sentence fragments...and nobody is tagged, as I'm the only person in the world who has not done this one!

1 comment:

sulu-design said...

I'm usually not a big fan of tags, but you came up with one great list here! Your invitations look awesome - I hope you'll show more of them.