16 September 2007

Baby Shower Thank You Cards

I've finally finished baby shower cards I designed for my friend, Nicole. She doesn't know what she's having, so I tried to make the colors unisex.

These were a lot of fun to make, and I think they're pretty adorable. I have about 15 extra cards, which I'm selling in my etsy shop here.

IMG_4836

I learned to make a granny square finally, thanks to my friend, Clara. I always had a block against granny squares and crochet stitches, (besides the single crochet my grandma taught me at age six). Thanks to a lunch date and quick tutorial, I'm over the wall.

IMG_4776

I must say, I'm usually not a granny square person, but have you seen the gorgeous hexagonal squares around? You should click this link, you'll be so inspired... I also checked out Simple Crochet by Erika Knight from the library. Her projects are very contemporary, simple and gorgeous.

For those who asked, I had a great time at my high school reunion. There were some people who I genuinely wanted to catch up with, and was pleased to hear about their lives. Here's one shot of Heather and myself, obviously not having any fun at all...

HM

Enjoy the remaining hours of this beautiful weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute cards~ did you print them off your printer or are they silkscreened?

sulu-design said...

Warning - totally uncrafty comment ahead: you have such a gorgeous smile - I would kill for your teeth! The cards and squares are sweet, too.

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

Gocco cards, knitting squares AND a class reunion? You have been quite busy!
Thank you for the kind comments on my blog + now I have found yours!

Lisa said...

Yeah for teaching me your one crochet technique! Single crochet rocks!