23 September 2007

Cookbook for Vic

Disclaimer: last bridal shower craft related post!

Olivia's idea was to create a cookbook for the bride, since she loves to bake. This was also a great way to include her friends and family who were not able to make it to the shower.

IMG_4874

Everyone drew or painted pictures, and the results were gorgeous. Vic's dad even over-nighted his page to be included. Olivia did all the bookbinding. Amazing, right?! I've made books in the past, but do not have her patience...

IMG_4861

The front of the book. Martha Stewa--er, Olivia, drilled holes into a wooden spoon after creating the cover. (Yes, she knows she needs a blog.) The book has a screw post binding, so pages can be added in easily.

This is my favorite recipe, my Grandma's recipe for Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake. It is the best cake ever, and I've never met anyone who didn't love it and want the recipe. Lucky for you, I've posted it here for you!

IMG_4868

Carrot cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting from Martha Stewart, were found here.

IMG_4870

Banana layer cake with either fudgy frosting or tangy vanilla frosting came from a book, The Weekend Baker, by Abby Dodge.

IMG_4871

I made a collage in Picasa with other pages from guests. Who knew how useful that program was? I just realized I could email and send pictures to my blog. Sweet.

collage

Did you notice that all of my recipes were dessert? Sweet tooth, anyone?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

The cookbook is fabulous! I would bawl like a baby if my friends and family put something like that together for me.

I need to schedule some Picasa lessons with you. I have some many cool tools that I don't use fully.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful book!

EmilyG said...

STUNNING!!!

Nic said...

you don't cease to amaze me with your craftiness!