09 August 2007

Illustration Friday: Missing

This week's topic for Illustration Friday was "missing".

Illustration Friday: Missing

Lately, I've been obsessed with eggs. In a good way though. You can make any type of food, from quiches to meringues to cakes to savory crepes. They have all types of nutrients, and the shell can be eaten as it has calcium (thanks to Survivorman on the Discovery Channel).


I had a cockatiel named Peaches who laid unfertilized eggs quite frequently for a few years. She would sit on them constantly and become so hopeful. We'd have to take them away after a little bit of time. She always seemed so betrayed when she realized they were gone. I didn't want to show the poor hens, but I showed the aftermath of the missing piece.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

My mother once told me the solution to the what came first, the chicken or the egg. Damn if I can remember the answer! I am not an egg fan, unless it is something like quiche or custard...go figure.

Anonymous said...

that is a beautiful illustration!
For some reason, I can't eat yellow yolks. It grosses me out. I buy regular eggs... but I buy liquid white eggs for me to eat.