19 September 2011

Onto New Things - Please Join Me!

Hello, dear friends!


If you're still reading or subscribed, thank you for your support and friendship! I've dropped off the face of the earth, and miss you all dearly. It was a combination of lots of work travel to North Carolina, volunteer work obligations, fun travels, road trips, lazy summer attitude and of course....shenanigans. Then time went on...and it was harder to break the silence. Until now!

I was also feeling quiet since I wanted to focus more on interior design and illustration, but found it hard to do on my knitting / crafty blog. Pigeon holed and not knowing where to go.

So it's time for a fresh start. Please join me on my new blog at http://marissahuber.com

I'll still be drawing a lot, and talking about food and travels, showing off my knitting and crafty things, and knowing me, and to my mom's chagrin, sharing some slightly embarrassing stories occasionally because I cannot HELP myself, and you KNOW this! But I think this is why you like me anyhow (wink wink).

I've loved having this space over the past 5 years. It has given me the chance to write again, draw again, try new things, find the confidence to be braver, a place to talk about and document life changes, grieve and discuss my beloved brother, connect with my beloved Philly knitting pals, share parts of my life with my loved ones far away, and gain access to this wonderful online community.

It's only right that I leave you with my latest knitting project that I'm wrapping up, the Most Favorite Scarf Ever by Lisa Bruce in my Colinette Jitterbug.

Colinette Jitterbug, Take 3

And a "professional" type picture of how I'm looking these days.

Moi

And one last picture of how you all know me to be on the inside.

Art Basel 2010

Thank you for sharing this space with me!

Lots of love,
Marissa

3 comments:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

YAY! Welcome back, it's so good to have you around.

Margaret said...

Just finished knitting that scarf last night! And it is my "most favorite scarf". I've knit 3 so far and have yarn for more. So far, all have been gifts, but one of these days, I'll knit one for me!

Mindy said...

You look fantastic! It's so good to see you!! Big hugs to you girls in Philly. I miss you!