10 December 2008

Back to Normal

Thank you to everyone for your good luck wishes and positivity. I passed my LEED Exam, which is a huge weight off of my back. It was tough, and I'm pretty damn proud of myself. I feel like a kid on Christmas vacation, I didn't realize how much of my life it was consuming.

Now I can work on my knitting and crafting again. Below is some flamingo pink Manos Silk Blend from Rosie's. When it grows up, it's going to be a Lace Ribbon Scarf (yes, my third...) for Mike's mom.

Silk Manos

I've also been sewing my little heart out! I'll show you very soon, but need to wait a couple of weeks. In the meantime, here are some of the swatches of fabric. They're all illustrated by Heather Ross of course. Seriously, do I buy any fabric besides hers prints? No. And that is why I should probably become the president of her fan club...

Heather Ross Fabric Mendocino Fabric - Heather Ross

Enjoy the cuteness...and just wait for tomorrow. Something so sweet you'll get a toothache...

7 comments:

Nadia said...

Heather Ross fabric is indeed the best thing in the whole world. I have four yards of her seagull fabric which I am going to make into the seagulliest dress ever.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Mariss! I know how hard you worked for that, and you should be proud!

Anonymous said...

GO IVORY!!!!! i'm so proud that you passed! and i'm already plotting on your fabric. i've been sewing a little bit between all of the knits and i can't wait until it clears out a bit for me to really do some stuff. and that's an awesome color for another lace ribbon, but that was no surprise coming from me.

sulu-design said...

Yay! Congratulations on passing your test - another reason to eat more cake. I'm so glad you'll be joining us more regularly here.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Marissa! As if there was any doubt genius-girl! Feels like forever since I saw you. Miss ya.

Magda

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for passing your exam!

s.i. michaels said...

That mermaid fabric is just awesome. I don't think I've bought her fabric before but I obviously need to rectify that.